Thursday, March 31, 2011

First three months...

We now had to come to terms with the fact that there was a baby in me! I had such terrible cramps still, and they lasted until I was about eight weeks. I was nauseous constantly but thankfully never sick, but Oh my word the utter exhaustion is just crazy! I couldn't keep my eyes open! We had our first appointment with the doctor at eight weeks, he's really nice and we both liked him on sight- even though he jammed that scary camera stick into me, which I wasn't really expecting! We got to see our little blob and could see its heart beat going crazy. My first thought was "Its a boy". Still don't know if I was right! We went home clutching a goodie bag of free samples and advice and feeling happy and excited. Two days later I woke up to let Shaun out to go surfing, when I went to the loo afterwards I was greeted with a streak of blood. (Sorry for TMI but its just one of those things, don't read on if you don't want to know!) I freaked out and called Shaun who came home immediately and I cried and cried until I called the doctor at 9. They said if it's just a small amount and has stopped now don't worry about it, spend the day in bed and call us if it starts again. So after a lot of googling and talking to my mom and Sharon I tried to stay calm and got back into bed. About midday I got up and went to the loo and it was back, worse. I immediately called the doc and made an appointment for that afternoon. It really was one of the worst days I'v ever had, I was terrified for my baby but I also didn't want to overreact and make things worse by getting stressed out. When we got to the doctor he did another scan and we heard the babies heart beat, nice and strong. He said although any bleeding is viewed as a possible miscarriage, there is less than 10% chance of losing the baby after we hear a heart beat. He prescribed a month of progesterone and a week of bed rest. I continued spotting for about 3 weeks, was always worse if I stood for a long time so I tried to just chill and keep myself calm and relaxed. When we went for our scan at 12 weeks I was feeling human again and only then realized how truly awful I had felt in those first few weeks! We saw the baby kicking and bucking and moving around like crazy! The doctor said the bleeding was obviously nothing to worry about, sometimes these things just happen. He did a down syndrome scan and I had to have a gazillion blood tests (which I was very brave for and didn't cry at all!) and everything is clear and were on track with a healthy pregnancy!

Next scan is on the 7th April and we're hoping well know if it's pink or blue! In the meantime we have moved house to a bigger place two houses down from our last place and have received our first baby presents! I haven't bought anything yet because want to know the sex first. We are fetching some baby furniture this weekend that Sharon and Simon gave us, I cant wait to set up the nursery and I cant wait to start looking pregnant! At the moment I just look fat!! I (think) I felt the baby move twice, it felt like something new, something I hadn't felt before so I'm sure it must have been the baby.

Until next week...
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment